Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sing Your Song

I've noticed that most people have tuned out the song within them.  They tend to borrow the song of another and not live their own.  They deny the song within them.  They tune it out with all sorts of external distractions.

I understand this as I did the same for years.  Why does this happen? 

Well in my case it was because I was addicted to what other people thought about me.  I was so frightened they would not like me because my voice and song was different to theirs.

But bless my soul just kept nudging me, kept prodding me to express my own authentic sound.  My own authentic voice and I have been happier and healthier ever since.  Yes healthier!

When we do not express the creative urges we have, they turn back in on themselves and become addictions, stress, depression.

So I encourage you to still yourself.  Tune into your song and sing your soul awake.  It doesn't matter what it sounds like.  Just sound it anyway and allow the energy to move again.  You might even really enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment