Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ever Wonder Why....?

After a few more sleepless nights, I ask myself the question, why do I put myself through this?  Do you know what I'm talking about?  Those times when we have hoped & prayed for something and then when it actually happens, you go "Oh My God!!!" it's really happening. 

Here I am about to perform in front of 450 people in a top notch facility, with an amazing band, speaking & singing about what I love but still there is this.....can I do it?! 

I was very heartened to see a documentary on Jann Arden the other night & how she went through many of the same types of states as I've been experiencing.  I think what she said when she came off the stage, really highlighted how silly these types of concerns can be when she said, "Well nobody died".

It's amazing how the ego & the stories of the mind try to make things appear more important or 'high drama' than they need to be.  Life truly is a learning experience and so what I'm reminding myself is to enjoy & what's the worst that can happen?  I make a mistake.....I've made lot's of those before & that's all just part of the enjoyable journey.

So here's to allowing ourselves to make mistakes.....and simply to sing because we enjoy it and because we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment